My stay at the F Zeen retreat was the perfect antidote to life in London, where even 10 minutes of rush hour tube travel can leave me tearing my hair out. Just a few nights here are all that is needed to restore perfect equilibrium to both body and mind, enabling you to completely switch off from the stresses of daily life. The property is an adult only resort with health, wellbeing and relaxation at the forefront of its ethos. Delicious healthy food, optional daily yoga and beautiful vistas all contribute to its charm.
Rooms are modest but well designed and offer the same fresh aesthetic throughout, with pale washed walls, crisp linens, accents of natural wood and balconies with views of the sea. Outside you’ll find plenty of relaxing lounge areas, from giant beanbag type cushions to luxury daybeds and cabanas lining the pools. The hotel has two pools, an infinite pool next door to the wellness center; the perfect spot to relax post massage and a larger one with adjoining hot-tub up by the hotel’s restaurant and bar, both of which command excellent views.
Evenings here are best enjoyed in the relaxed bar where you can watch the striking sunset with a glass of Kefalonian wine, or a cocktail from the extensive bar menu. The food menu is fairly small in comparison, we worked our way through most dishes during our stay, but I can wholehearted say that everything we tried was incredible. For nights when you fancy a change of scenery, head to one of the local rustic tavernas, there are plenty of great options within walking distance.
The trump card for the F Zeen Retreat is that it’s family owned and run, and it shows! Each member of the family specialises in a different area, from legal and construction, PR, to nutrition and yoga. They’ve got every aspect covered and you can tell upon speaking with them that they’re deeply passionate about it.
I loved this wonderful little haven so much that I’m already planning my return, the key to its success seems to be in its simplicity. This is lush gardens, sea views and good food, done right!
- The outdoor yoga pavillion which looks out to sea
- Stunning scenery; the hotel boasts both ocean views and lush mountainous vegetation
- Complimentary concierge service; the team will organise everything from day trips to the local vineyard, dinner reservations and sunset boat cruises
- Great cocktail selection and a range of specialist herbal teas for when you'd rather sip something a bit healthier
- The wellness center for its amazing massages and reflexology
Need To Know
- Adult only resort
- Room service is available in the Penthouse only
- Check-in after 2pm. Check-out 10am
- Car hire is recommended if you want to go out and explore the island
- 20 minute drive from the airport
No. of Rooms & Suites: 28
Rate Per Night: Double rooms from €160.00