The Broome is set in the most perfect location for those who want to be surrounded with the trendy shops, cafes and bars on offer in New York’s much sought after downtown area. Broome Street itself forms the boundary of Nolita (North of Little Italy) and so not more than a short walk will you find Little Italy’s traditional pizza & pasta restaurants which were a firm favrourite of ours. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated throughout in a contemporary style with a hint of the industrial aesthetic taken from the community in which the hotel is surrounded by. An eclectic collection of artwork decorates the interiors and adds to the warm and inviting space.
This small boutique hotel has 14 small-but-perfectly-formed bedrooms, consisting of four categories; From Deluxe Queen, Deluxe Queen with Patio, Junior Suite and the Penthouse. We stayed in the Deluxe Queen with Patio which opens up onto a shared balcony that looks onto the quaint open air courtyard. The view was beautiful but we can imagine those who suffer from claustophobia would prefer the Delux Queen with views onto the street, or better still the Penthouse with its own private terrace and balcony.
Breakfast, with fresh produce all sourced from local suppliers, is served every morning in the cafe just to the side of the courtyard. Since we visited in January just before the snow storm we began our mornings sipping fresh coffee tucked up inside in the warm. Come the spring you could easily spend a few hours outside in the courtyard, enjoying warm criossants and fresh juice or pouring over the many art and design books with a nice glass of your favourite tipple.
- The beautiful interior open air courtyard which acts as a buffer, helping to soundproof the city around you.
- Bespoke toiletries which smelt heavenly.
- The cute shop selling beautiful trinkets clothes and niche beauty bits in the reception.
- The location just doesn't get better.
Need To Know
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access.
- Choice of Daily Complimentary Newspapers.
- Complimentary Farm to Table Breakfast.
- For the tea loving Brits, there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
- Very limited wardrobe space, specifically hanging space.
No. of Rooms & Suites: 14
Rate Per Night: Double rooms from £315