The Grand is a landmark on Eastbourne’s seafront, currently Englands only 5 star seaside hotel and perfectly situated just a 12-minute walk from Eastbourne Pier and 2.5 miles from Beachy Head.
Traditionally decorated with comfortable armchairs, classic writing desks and floral bedspreads the rooms and suites feature en suite bathrooms with Molton Brown toiletries, plus free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, safes, and tea and coffee making facilities. We stayed in a beautiful Junior Suite which had stunning sea views and a large balcony spanning the width of both the bedroom and lounge area. With their floor to ceiling windows, the sea-view rooms and suites on the upper floors of the hotel are definitely worth the extra cost.
There are indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, a steam room, jacuzzi and gym. The spa itself offers a range of beauty treatments.
There are two elegant restaurants at the Grand Hotel, both with the hotel’s signature high-ceilings and sense of grandeur. We had lunch in the Mirabelle Restaurant which proudly boasts two AA Rosettes and is one of the most famous fine dining restaurants in the UK. With Executive Chef, Gerald Roser at its helm, the Mirabelle specializes in Modern European cuisine in a spectacular coastal setting. Dishes such as seared scallops, celeriac roulade and avocado ice cream are featured on the extensive menu, the live piano music makes it an excellent atmospheric choice for dinner. The garden restaurant offers a more relaxed, every day style and is also where breakfast is served, although if you fancy spoiling yourself opt for room service for breakfast, especially if you’re staying in one of the suites and you want to make the most of it.
- We loved the grandeur and old world glamour, we felt like we had been transported back in time to a more glamourous and sophisticated era.
- Excellent sea views (room dependant), opt for the Junior Suite if you're after the wow factor.
- Molton Brown toiletries.
- Impeccable service
Need To Know
- Rates start at £240 for a Deluxe bedroom and go up to £700 per night for the Penthouse suite.
- Check in 3:00 PM, Check out 11:00 AM
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dog friendly; the pet package includes dinner, bed and a bowl. the Chef can prepare a pre-ordered dinner using ingredients that form part of your dog’s regular diet, which must be ordered at the time of booking. Room service will deliver meals at the usual feeding time. Pet rate: £20.00 per night to include one meal a day
No. of Rooms & Suites: 99 rooms, 23 suites, 30 junior suites.
Rate Per Night: Double rooms from £240.00